Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Yarn Along - Finished Owl Sweater

At last at last!!!  I finished Anna's owl sweater!  I am VERY pleased with how it turned out (even with a few biggish mistakes....specifically two glaring ones....I will let you find them yourself though) and so is Anna!  This was really my first "big" knitting project.

Anyway, I actually blocked this project.  I had never blocked before, but I am a ridiculously tight knitter and even though I made this in a size 4 it looked like it would barely fit my petite size 2 Annabella.  The blocking definitely helped.  I will probably get two years of wear out of this sweater...or at LEAST through the Spring.



Finished with all the buttons attached and everything!



 My little sweetie was very happy to try on her "sweater owl" this morning...and I doubt I will be able to tear it off her tonight.

Look at that little pumpkin with her morning bed hair!!  Ohhh she is SO squeezable!


And a quick peak at the back of the sweater.


And Mr. Mouth (also known as Ben) couldn't let Anna get all the attention!  Fear not little Ben up next on the needles are Nemo mittens for you!

As for what I am reading these days.  I did finally finish the Narnia series.  And I took off the shelf a biography of St. Therese of Liseux.  I was a bit skeptical that it would meet my bedtime reading criteria of being engaging while not causing any sweeping bursts of emotion (I am a chronic insomniac and need basically mellow reading material at bed).  But so far it has been very enjoyable.  I have read a lot of St. Therese stuff many years ago.  So I know the story generally, but always good to get a refresher.  The book isn't long, but it has small type so it should take me well into the next millenium before I finish it  ;)

For more Yarn Along posts check out the link: Yarn Along

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the most adorable sweaters ever! Adding it to my list. Great job!

Spinneretta said...

Sounds like you might have found a good read :)
And well done on the sweater- can I nibble her cheeks? She IS very squeezable ;)
(He is too btw ;))

Leila said...

Beautiful sweater! I love owls of all kinds, and this is just fabulous. The color is great with her red hair!

karen said...

Your owl sweater is adorable! Love the button eyes :)

Marcia@TakingThyme said...

Stopping by from Ginny's ~

What an awesome sweater! You did a great job! I am hoping some day I get brave enough to knit a sweater :)

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

It's beautiful!

Serena said...

That sweater is beautiful! Blocking definitely helps. I just blocked something for the first time too. It sounds so mysterious and difficult until you actually do it. :) Love those little owls!

Lori ann said...

oh my gosh that is just adorable, and your babies, gorgeous!

Becks said...

What beautiful children you have. Lovely Owls sweater but slightly overshadowed by the gorgeousness of your little ones.
xx

(lia) said...

Awww she looks adorable in that sweater!

Katherine T. Lauer said...

That owl sweater is so precious! What a treasure.

Unknown said...

I have been searching hi and low for this pattern. Our grandmother used to make these sweaters for all the new babies, she has passed away and i am learning to knit, so that i can carry on this tradition. Can you tell me where you got the pattern or even better would you be willing to share it with me.
:)

Jamie Carin and Claudio Romano said...

Robin,

I got the pattern here: http://www.woolbearers.com/

But you can find the pattern on Ravelry under Penny Straker...the writer of the pattern. It comes in a few sizes.

Hope that helps.

Unknown said...

Very helpful, thank you, i appreciate it.