Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Heartbreak, Disappointment, and Square One


We received some pretty disappointing and heartbreaking news over the weekend.

The lady who was under contract to buy our house here in NJ, despite having a pre-qualification, was unable to get her mortgage.  So our deal fell through and obviously we have lost our deal with our House of Dreams in PA.

So, now instead of finishing up my last bits of packing for a move at the end of the month I am putting things back in some semblence of organization to prepare for an open house this coming weekend and more house showings to come.

The kids don't totally get what is going on, but they did know we were supposed to move into our "Big House" around Halloween....and now we aren't.


So we are back to square one....trying to sell our house.


Praying for our house to sell quickly again....


Praying it sells quicker then the house in PA that is also going back on the market...


So that it is still there for us when we are ready...


I ask you to please remember us in prayer for these intentions.


4 comments:

Katherine T. Lauer said...

I'm so sorry. The disappointment must be stinging!

Cynthia said...

Ugh. I'm so disappointed for you! How crazy things like this happen. And yet, at the same time, I truly believe whenever the crazy, absurd or completely unexpected things happen like this (when it looked so crystal clear before) that God is guiding you. HE will show you His plan. He hasn't forgotten you. Trust me. Just you wait.

I'll be praying for you!

Cynthia Berenger said...

Dear Jamie,

I am so dismayed to read of your experience as I know how much you wanted this particular home. Prayers that this disappointment is only a temporary setback. I offer the idea that it may, perhaps, be that some link somewhere in this transaction was not within God's will, permissible or otherwise. I agree with Cynthia above; every time something like this has happened to us, it turned out that God had our backs.

Hugs!

Agape always,
Cynthia

Christine said...

Wow, I'm sorry. To read this :-(