Monday, July 28, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today 7/28/08
Outside My Window...I am hearing someone's lawn mower and I can SEE the humidity already

I am thinking...of all the things I want to get done today. Monday is always a flurry of thoughts and ambitions..

I am thankful for...my little family

From the kitchen...I see a pile of dishes. I got behind this weekend..so I have a dishwasher loaded with full dishes that need putting away and a sink of dirty dishes that need cleaning.

I am wearing...linen cropped pants and my pajama shirt. My ponytail is only half in place. The morning do' :)

I am creating...a peaceful home

I am going...to the library to return a book, take out a book, and sign Ben up for infant story time.

I am reading...The Diary of Elizabeth Cabot Mason

I am hoping...I can accomplish the things I have planned for the week

I am hearing...Benjamin make silly Benjamin noises and Bill Bennett's Morning in America

Around the house...things have already been tidied up since PSE&G is coming to inspect our heating system.

One of my favorite things...The silly Benjamin sounds I am hearing :)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Get filing done, Start compiling info for the Drexel newsletter I am helping with, Make something new for dinner

Here is picture thought I am sharing..Ohhhh I am not blogger savy enough to figure out how to add a picture after I have written my post! Maybe someone can help me?! But picture a HUGE PILE OF LAUNDRY LOL!

Thanks to The Simple Woman for this idea! Check out the link if you want to join in!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Great daybook :)

Anonymous said...

Laundry. It's my nemesis! lol!!

As for add a pic..when you are writing your post you will see a tool bar across the top. Look for something that looks like a painted picture. It's toward the right. :)
Click on it and it will give you choices on browsing for pics on your computer (the left) or the web (the right)

I hope that helps. :)

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!

GranthamLynn said...

I loved your post. Did you figure out the photo? One thing to add. Once you click to download it will probably put it at the top of your post. To move it you'll need to right click and highlight all the letters. Make sure you do it all. Then on the drop down menu you have to select cut. Then you go back to the end of your post where you want to put it. Make sure you hit enter a couple of times like you making a paragraph. Then right click again and it will put it where your cursor was.
Hope this helps. Have no fear. I happen to have a category titled Dummies at Blogging. This just happens to be on thing I figured out. I can't figure out how to link other peoples blogs in my post. Anybody know how to explain it to a dummy?
Have a great day.
Blessings,
Sherry

Anonymous said...

I kind of left her hanging didn't I? Thanks for the rest of the lesson.

Ok, Sherry for example you want to link your frind's blog in your post? If this is right, I'll try and explain how I do it. And not leave you hanging. lol!! Do you want to learn some Html too? :)

Here is my...now copy and paste in your friends url and put it where you want it in your post. Highlight the url. Copy. On your tool bar click on the world. Paste.

Click on Html tab. You are going to see something like this..a href http then your friends url. I usually work backwards from this point. Start from the "a" and go to the less than symbol. It won't let me show the symbols on here. You delete that url and add your own words.

I know it sound horribly hard. If you could see it, you would understand exactly what I'm trying to tell you. Try it and see what happens. :)

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I think I left you hanging again. Sorry. I had a baby that needed attention. :)

After you put your own word or friends blog title make sure you continue on after the "a".

I hope I've helped. :)

Hugs!