Friday, November 13, 2009

Ohh Are We Ever Falling Behind!!!

Well the title really says it all. I have a billion pictures (although there are a billion more moments that went unphotographed!!) to post with stories and tidbits and anecdotes from life, but I am not sure I will even get to all the things I wanted to post today.

I am remembering the time when Ben was Anna's age where every little movement and squeak was documented. Every milestone carefully notated. Not only are Anna's milestones not being properly notated but a few weeks ago I thought to myself, "hmmm, I think this is about the age that Anna should start rolling over. Huh...I wonder if she can." Sure enough I put her down on her belly and she rolled right over LOL...Don't ask me the date..I have no idea.

Time is flying by! The weeks just zip along one after the other and here we are in November already and no one told me!!

So I will do my best in updating everything I can think of!

Ben is 21months old and his language development is in full swing!! It is hysterical, adorable, and exhausting LOL...Everyday he says new things. Today it was, "Big Trains!" in reference to a dvd of Thomas. Then he was saying, "Big trains and big eyes!" Because, yup, Thomas has big eyes. He is learning animals sounds and can tell you on cue what sound a cat makes and a dog (pronounced dodgey) and today I taught him what sounds Anna makes: wahh wahh LOL..

His knowledge of the alphabet is getting better and better. He is now spelling out words whereever he sees them. He has no idea what the words are, but he can pick out all the letters. Several letters he knows the sound and a word that starts with that letter and most letters he can recognize upper and lower case.

Colors seem to completely elude him....although he loves saying "blue" and "poopull".

He is almost always very sweet to Anna. He loves to give her hugs and kisses and identify her body parts. He gets her her pacifier and her blanket or burper.

And his current favorite passtime is bouncing which always makes Anna smile.

Anna is my beauty queen and little darling!!!! She just is more beautiful everyday!!!!! Her smile is infectious and she is far from stingey with it!!

She is about 3.5 months old now and at her 3m pediatrician appt she was 10lbs! She can roll from her belly to her back and just about from her back to her belly....almost got it. She has been sleeping through the night like a champ since about 2 months.

She is totally a daddy's girl. She gives daddy the most giggles and smiles. She hates being cold. She has the most adorable fuzzy little head of hair when she is just bathed, but bathing is far from her favorite pastime. She loves her mobile and is almost, just about, maybe starting to take more regular naps.

No comments: