Monday, October 01, 2007

A Plethora of Apples

Since the weather was finally more Fall like (although not Fall like enough for my tastes!) my mom had the brilliant idea to go apple picking on Saturday. We went to Styers Orchard in Langhorne PA. It was REALY nice there. You get to take the hayride out to the orchard and back and apples were .49cents a pound....which I thought was a good price!



Here is Cla and me in the midst of our outing. Aren't we adorable?? Do I look pregnant yet? ;)



In addition to the orchard they had a very nice market up front complete with bakery. Cla and I had our hearts set on some apple cider donuts all day so we were QUITE pleased to see they had them. But when I saw they had MAMOTH size black and white cookies (a NY delicacy in my opinion) I just had to have one....and so I did :) It was quite tasty!



Here is the bounty of the days picking. We have eaten a few already. Tomorrow I am going to try my hand at apple sauce. After that we have some nice crockpot baked apples in mind. They come out so good and the whole house smells like apples and cinnamon. These are Jonathon apples I think they said.

After apple picking we went back to my mom's and she made delicious pulled pork in the crockpot with corn and yams and we had the donuts and a lemon crumb cake for dessert (from the Styers Bakery). A lovely day was had by all.



And for good measure another adorable picture of Claudio. He is just too cute not to take pictures of. And look at his red socks poking out from the bottom of his pants. For some reason I find that hysterical!!

1 comment:

Lily said...

Looks like a great day! And I love cider donuts, black and white cookies, and apple picking as well.