Monday, January 24, 2011


FOR TODAY...

Outside my window... It is SOOOOOO cold...like single digits cold. But it is sunny and blue skies today!

I am thinking...about how this day started out with so much promise. But everything seems to be going off for some reason.

I am thankful for...my local library. We have an excellent library here.

From the learning rooms... I took out some books about Australia for Benjamin. He has been into kangaroos and as an added bonus my dear friend Sharyn is coming to visit us from Australia! She will be here at the end of February. So I thought it would be fun to look at some books about Australia and maybe do some coloring pages. Also I have plans to make cotton ball snowmen together, but I might use it as a potty bribe at this point.

From the kitchen...Hmmm, unsure. Need to take out something for dinner, but not sure what to make yet.

I am wearing... red shirt and black skirt and lavender suede shearling lines slippers.

I am going... NO WHERE....too cold!!

I am reading... Shutting Out The Sky about turn of the century tenaments in NYC and Confessions of a Prairie Bitch which is a memoir of the actress that played Nellie Olesen on Little House on the Prairie.

I am hoping... I figure out the key to getting Ben to go on the potty, the day goes a little better in the second half, we get a day soon where it is warm enough to play outside (just one day then we can go back to our regularly scheduled winter)

I am hearing...Ben playing with construction vehicles in the bathroom where he is supposed to be sitting on the potty.

Around the house...I have a heap and a half of laundry to get done and decluttering, and cleaning, and all the usual stuff.

One of my favorite things... chicken marsala. I have been DYING for some, but we have no chicken in the freezer (other than nuggets) and I don't have much grocery money left till February, but you can be assured that come February we will be having chicken marsala!!! Yum!!!

A few plans for the rest of the week: We really don't have anything planned I don't think! I love it! It is a good week to just STAY home and get the boy to love the potty! LOL.....ohhh man we MUST buckle down and figure this out!!!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing:


check here for more daybooks

No comments: