Friday, December 13, 2013

St. Lucy Feastday....And A Few Odds And Ends

Today is the feast of St. Lucy and we celebrate following the Swedish traditions. You can read more about it here.   Last year I had trouble with my yeast, so this year I was very careful.....and oh my did it rise well this time!!  It came out huge.  This is a traditional braided St. Lucy bread.  It is seasoned with orange zest and orange juice and some dry cranberries.  It came out so delicious!  I might make it for Christmas morning since my stepmother loves orange cranberry flavors.



Anna is dressed in a white dress with a red sash to symbolize St. Lucy's purity and martyrdom.  And she has a wreath with candles on her head.  The bread was VERY heavy and so she is concentrating very hard on not dropping it LOL..

Tradition has the oldest daughter waking early in the morning to bring treats to everyone in their bed, but I just didn't have time to make to bread yesterday and at 33wks pregnant I am not up to getting out of bed before my three early risers....so we did our celebration after dinner and it worked great.






My odds and ends...Just a pic of our Jesse Tree...


Daddy came through with his saint peg dolls at the last minute again....So St. Joseph, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, and St. Katherine Drexel 
 

 Buggy had been very unhappy about her crib lately.  So Claudio turned it into a toddler bed.  She is happier now but she has kept us on our toes for sure!!  This is where I found her the other night.  Poor Anna is such a trooper.  Buggy just really wants to sleep in the bunkbed.  So Anna thought it would be best to bring her regular bed into the room, remove the crib, and let Buggy have the bunk.  This has worked out much better and so things are settling down in the kiddie room!

No comments: