Friday, March 19, 2010

Freecycled Sand and Water Table

I got this sand and water table from freecycle during the Fall sometime and so today was the first day warm enough to use it. We haven't gotten the sand yet so I just put some water on each side and Ben had a ball. He probably spent about an hour and half playing at the table. And then he only stopped when the neighbor boy came outside to play. He always distracts Benjamin...and then we had to come inside to get Anna who was waking from her nap.

In the background you can see a little Benjamin style picnic table that I also got from freecycle.

Here is the little bead toy I got for Ben at the consignment sale...guess it isn't too clear there on the chair, but Ben loves it and played with it all afternoon (before and after the water table)

You can see on Ben the shorts and sandles we got today....looks nice right?....


Hmm, is that a little bit of diaper I see?


Perhaps a little droopy?

Ohh yeah...this is what you get when you have a 2yr old that weighs only 23lbs. These shorts are size 18M.......and literally fall off him. I have to take them in obviously.



It is hard to hear Ben's responses here, but when I ask, "What does mommy say?" he responds "I love you" and when I ask, "What does Annabella say?" he says, "wahhh wahhh" and when I ask what Bunny says he says, "meow meow".

And lastly, I would consider today a perfect day.....My house is a mess and my laundry is still unfolded and there are dishes in my sink and toys on the floor, but while we played outside Ben turned to me, came over with a big smile and gave me a kiss. Kinda puts life in perspective.

No comments: