Sunday, August 15, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY...

Outside my window...It is sunny and humid. *sigh* This weekend was a little taste of early Fall and I was hopeful that it would continue. But it is supposed to be hot hot hot all week. I am so sick of air conditioning!

I am thinking...I have a lot to do today and is wondering where the relaxed/renewed/refreshed feeling from Saturday went?? I am hoping if I put on the smiley happy face the rest of the family will follow. We all seem to be in a funk today.

I am thankful for...a little boy that TRIES to be helpful and a new budget that allots me some extra money!

From the learning rooms...uhhh, we are seriously working on obedience today!! Other than that some coloring and perhaps, if I haven't torn my hair out by then, some playdough. I have been wondering at what age does a child color with more organization. Not necessarily in the lines, but just with a basic idea of appropriate colors in appropriate places and not just scribbles?

From the kitchen...dinner is defrosted. Some sauce, meatballs, and sausage I made last week and froze. With some pasta and salad. I am hoping to make those special donuts for Ben this week. I think we will make it a potty training reward. But today is not that day for that.

I am wearing...a beige skirt, a red tshirt, and brown Crocs

I am going...to take Anna for her bloodwork before lunch today and hopefully to UPS to send back our Fios box and to make a photocopy of my driver's liscence as I realized I never sent for a copy of Anna's birth certificate!! Yipes!

I am reading...I am finishing up the last of the Betsy/Tacy books. I hate coming to the end of a great series. But next I will be re-reading Emily of New Moon and then finally getting to the other two books in that series. I am also reading a book called Passionate Housewives. I thought it might be too sappy for me, but I am actually loving it.

I am hoping...today ends more peacefully than it started. Teething baby girl and emotional 2yr old.

I am hearing...a Woody Guthrie Nursery CD, the dishwasher, and the little noises and babbling stream of conscious from Ben.

Around the house...I have a lot of organizing projects I want to get to in the next few weeks. Also need to paint the ceiling in the basement...a HUGE job. A heap of laundry to fold and put away.

One of my favorite things...a husband that works from home.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Hopefully we will stay home all week!!
Hopefully I will get my Little Saints curriculum in the mail today so I can start compiling what I need for that

Here is picture for thought I am sharing:



From Anna's birthday party :)


check here for more daybooks

No comments: