Monday, October 18, 2010


FOR TODAY...

Outside my window... sunshiny and crisp! Leaves are starting to change and fall. Squirrels are very busy.

I am thinking...About list making, about my dad who is having surgery tomorrow, about Anna Anna Anna, about Ben who may have a week of being passed around from family member to family member and I hope he understands and has a good time instead of wondering where his parents and sister are!

I am thankful for...All the family and friends who are praying for Anna and have offered to help. Especially those who will be helping take care of sweet Benjamin and making this strange time more enjoyable.

From the learning rooms... Learning? What's that?? Haa haa...we havenot done much table time just because we have been in and out with appointments and whatever else. But Benjamin did read his first BOB book a few days ago. So learning marches on, although very informally...which is fine of course. Another important lesson that has been taking place. Or really I think BLOSSOMING is probably the best word for it. Is a friendship between Ben and Anna! Just in the last week or two suddenly their constant power struggle for toy ownership, the constant pushing, and yelling, etc has largely stopped. Ben has been inviting Anna into his games. Giving her toys to play with along side him. Lots of hugging and kissing and cuddling even. Lots and lots of giggles together. Lots of sitting and reading books together. The sharing difficulties still come up but they are resolved much quicker and with far less tears these days. I think Ben is understanding how to negotiate his own way around siblinghood finally and it is a joy to watch.

From the kitchen...Uhh we are mostly doing bare bones as we don't really wants lots of food around or leftovers since we are not sure how long we will be away from home as a whole or in parts.

I am wearing... denim skirt and brown shirt

I am going... watch a few episodes of Arrested Development while the kids nap.

I am reading... Emily Climbs. Finally onto book two of teh series!

I am hoping... This week passes quickly, smoothely, and ends more joyfully than the first half.

I am hearing...Anna's mobile over the baby monitor, birds chirping, and nothing else :)

Around the house...First basement door is up, pipe needs replacing in the upstairs bathroom, I need to sweep the floors still since we did tabletime instead of me sweeping.

One of my favorite things... good coffee.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Packing the stuff we will need at Children's Hospital. Packing Ben to go to grandma and grandpa's. Calling the hospital tomorrow to find out what time Anna's surgery will be. And the rest of the week will be spent taking care of Anna.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing..well a video this time:



check here for more daybooks

No comments: