Thursday, March 29, 2012

Candy Mold Crayons

So, I made these crayons out of our broken bits of crayons.  Melted them down and poured them into candy molds.  This is the only picture I got as I was doing it while tending to a fussy baby.  But basically I sorted the crayons into blues and red/oranges and then tossed them into a metal can (I used a can that had crushed tomatos in it) and put the pan into a pot of boiling water to melt them down.  Once melted I poured it into a small measuring cup I stole from the kids' kitchen set and used that to pour them into the molds.  You have to work fast otherwise they start to harden before you pour and you make a huge mess :)

Anyway, I popped them in the fridge and they set and the came right out of the molds with ease.  These will be in their Easter baskets this year as I am trying to keep the candy to a minimum between feeding issues and allergies.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

So crafty! Honest to goodness...I never think of things like these. I am glad to "know" people like yourself that do :) What a sweet gift for your kids!

Jamie Carin and Claudio Romano said...

Oh gosh I don't have an ounce of creativity...that is what Pinterest is for! :) Have a great weekend Cynthia!