Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yarn Along - The Dang Blasted Mitten Edition!

Yup, there they are.  The Nemo mittens for Ben.  I am happy to say I am nearly finished with the second mitten.  But then I have to do the thumb on the second mitten, do the fin on both, and the face on both.  And here we are in March and it is 75 degrees out!  Ben may be the first kid to receive Easter mittens in his basket LOL...Such is life I suppose. I must say I will be happy once they are done and I can put away the double points for another several years.  Working with double points is a lot like having babies.  While you are doing it you swear you will never do it again....but once it is finished the memory of the pain, discomfort, and timmmeeeeee fades from your mind and you think, "Nahhh it is not so bad....let me do it again..." Anyway, I have made it a Lenten goal to GET IT DONE!!

As for reading.  I am reading a biography of Laura Ingalls Wilder.  I can't remember the name or author and I didn't want to waste the few moments I have here to run upstairs and get it.  So you will have to trust me when I say it is enjoyable.  Nice bedtime reading.

Say a prayer that my next Yarn Along Post is A DIFFERENT PROJECT!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

Ohhh and for more delightful yarn along posts, or to participate yourself, check out Ginny over at Small Things

1 comment:

karen said...

They definitely remind me of Nemo! Lovely work :)