Friday, April 08, 2011

Update to Our Charlie and Lola Day...

Benjamin went upstairs for a nap around 11am after falling asleep on the couch. He woke about 2 and a half hours later crying and calling for me. When I got to his room he told me his ear was hurting.

I decided, it being a Friday afternoon by this point, that I better race him over to the CVS Minute Clinic (which, btw, I HIGHLY recommend. They have been lifesavers for us over and over...and TOTALLY affordable).

The Nurse Practitioner looked in his left ear and said, "Yup, it is bright red in there and infected....is this the ear he was complaining about?" I respond, "Uhhh no, it was his right ear.." So she looks in his right ear and that one was even worse! Poor little Ben!!! So uncomfortable!

Just a note of appreciation and realization after this saga: For the first time in my life as a mother I had a child old enough to verbalize to me specifically what the matter was and what was making them feel sick. I was able to run to Benjamin and in a matter of five minutes be in the car to the clinic knowing specifically where the issue was. It was SUCH a relief! So there is the silver lining.

No comments: